MISSION: The Office of the Assistant Chief of Staff for Plans, Operations, Training, and Security of the Medical Readiness Command, Europe has been merged with the Plans and Operations Division of the Office of the USAREUR Command Surgeon (OCSURG). This consolidated office is concerned with health service support matters throughout the 89 countries of the Command. Plans for and monitors the provision of health service support and sustainment of daily operations during deployment of forces to include all aspects of medical readiness for the command.
- Provides support to the primary staff of USAREUR and MRC,EUR as functional advisor for medical operations and plans; medical force structure development; review and validation of medical annexes of command operations/contingency plans to include community Emergency Preparedness Plans, and also medical unit participation and health service support for international operations and exercises.
- Provides command interface with the Office of The Surgeon General, U.S. Army Medical Command, and other appropriate organizations and agencies for all aspects of health service support strategy and policy, and is also responsible for coordination with allied nations on compatibility and feasibility of bi/multinational contingency operations plans.
- Establishes command security policy and evaluates compliance by subordinate commands with appropriate policies, standards, and regulations.
- Manages the medical reserve affairs for USAREUR and the MRC,EUR.
- Sections within the G3 include, Current Operations, (CUOPS), Plans, Emergency Management (EM), Security, Readiness, Reserve Affairs, Organizational Inspections Program (OIP), and Training and Exercises.