To complain without fear of reprisal is the right of any Soldier, Civilian, or Family Member seeking IG assistance. Problem solving is one of the IG's primary missions. Before you report it to your Inspector General...
A list of our Frequently Asked Questions. DA Form 1559
- Be sure you have a problem, not just a peeve.
- Give your chain of command a chance to solve the problem. (Many problems must be addressed to the chain of command for resolution anyway).
- If IG assistance is needed, contact your local IG first.
- Be honest and don't provide misleading information. (There are penalties for knowingly providing false information).
- Keep in mind that IGs are not policy makers. (IGs state policy, we do not interpret. If you need interpretation, contact JAG).
- Remember IG's can only resolve a case on the basis of fact. (A claim must be supported with evidence).
- Don't expect instant action on your request. Be patient. (Investigations take time, and IG's tend to have heavy workloads).
- Be prepared to take "No" for the answer. (In any case, 'Yes" or "No," the IG will explain why).
Additional Command IG
Points of Contact
U.S. Army Europe and Africa Office of the Inspector General Hotline -
(DSN): (314) 537-5555 | COMM: +49 (0) 611 143 537-5555
21st Theater Sustainment Command IG
DSN: (314) 484-5555 | COMM: +49 (0) 611 143 523-0775
7th Army Training Command (7ATC) IG
DSN: (314) 526-4499 | COMM: +49 (0) 9641-70-526-4499
10th AAMDC IG
DSN (314) 528-7925 | COMM +49(0) 611-143-528-7925
7th Mission Support Command (MSC) IG
DSN: (314) 528-0269 | COMM: +49 (0) 611-143-528-0269
U.S. Army Southern European Task Force (SETAF) IG
DSN: (314) 639-0444 | COMM: 011-39-0444-71-0444
U.S. Air Forces Europe (USAFE) IG
DSN: (314) 480-6647 | COMM: +49 (0) 637-147-6647
U.S. Navy Europe, Africa, SW Asia IG
DSN: (314) 626-4488 | COMM: +39 (0) 81-568-2600